Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SA Music

Some call me a crazy fan but I like to think I just know great music and I do become a tad fanatical about it and I want everyone to like it as much as me.

I am massive fan of South African bands and those who know me well, will know Prime Circle and Just Jinjer are up there in the top. I don't think SA music gets enough exposure and this blog is for me to write about the music I love and in doing that, hopefully, expose more people to the abundance of awesomeness our music industry has to offer.

I had the honour of interviewing Prime Circle a while back and it was one of the greatest moments of my life, because these guys create music! Real, honest music. Not the studio created cr*p that so many artists call "music" these days.

If you are a band and think you have amazing music that I could write about send me a link, if you are like me and love REAL music, send me links to hear what you love and hopefully in doing that we can bring our South African artists more fame, the fame they deserve.

It doesn't have to be South African, although that is what my main focus is, but I just want to hear good real music, blood sweat and tears created music.

I know music taste is a personal choice and we all love different types of music, I know there are some songs I like that would make you cringe but I love hearing new music, and more often than not I find something that blows me away.

Music is what makes the world go around, so share it, let me know who you think deserves to be written about and let's make music!

No comments:

Post a Comment